Search This Blog

Museo de Baler

Museo de Baler in Baler, Quezon Province

Pay a visit in Museo de Baler inside the museum is the brief history of Baler, the memorabilia of President Manuel L. Quezon and inside is also the props used in the Metro Manila Film Festival best picture "Baler".

Lubang Island

Lubang Island in Mindoro

Lubang Island is generally verdant, unspoiled and unexplored. It is too near yet too far, as they say. Information on the net are either lacking and outdated, but blessing in disguise for it has preserved its mysterious beauty.

Loboc Floating Restaurant

Loboc Floating Restaurant in Loboc River, Bohol

The river cruise starting from the Loay bridge traverses the Loboc River where the nipa trees are abundant and less of manmade structures. It winds up its cruise with an ethnic village showcasing their village life. I’m just not sure if they are true Eskaya indigeneous tribe of Bohol or just some locals depicting the tribe.

The river cruise starting from the Poblacion traverses Loboc river where there are not much nipa trees, more of backyard home sceneries, more of the manmade structures such as the unfinished bridge near the Loboc church and it winds up at Busay Falls just a meter high falls, where a rondalla group is waiting to further serenade you.

Mount Tapulao

Mount Tapulao in Zambales

Mount Tapulao also known as High Peak is the tallest mountain in the Zambales Mountain range and in the province of Zambales in the Philippines. The peak, which rise to an elevation of 2,037 metres or 6,683 ft, is located in the municipality of Palauig, Zambales. Its name is derived from the abundance of Sumatran Pine trees in the area, known in the local Zambal dialect as tapulao.

Enchanted Kingdom

Enchanted Kingdom is one of the the famous recreational park in the Philippines, located in Sta Rosa, Laguna.

Palo Cathedral

Palo Cathedral was constructed on 1596, under the direction of the Jesuits who founded Palo in Cebu. It was used sometime for their residences. The cathedral was taken over by the Augustinian on 1768 and by the Franciscans on 1843. Then was repaired by Father Agustin de Consuegra who built the two towers on 1850.  Then by Father Pantaleon de la Fuente who installed a clock on the facade on 1896. It was proclaimed as a cathedral on March 25, 1938 by First Bishop Msgr Manuel Mascarinas. It was also used as hospital on October 1944 to March 1945 by American Liberation forces.

Calinawan Cave in Tanay

Calinawan Cave in Tanay

No one really knows the vastness and deepness of Calinawan Cave in Tanay as it is not yet fully mapped and explored, there maybe other pathways and tributaries covered by the boulders and hidden in the darkness.

Photo by Biyaherong Barat

Paoay Church

Paoay Church in Laoag City, Ilocos, Philippines. Paoay Parish was foundedby Augustinian Missionaries in 1593. The cornerstone of church was laid on 1704 the the convent on 1707. The Paoay was used before completion and kept in repair by the people under the joint auspices of the church and the town officials. The inauguration of Paoay Church was on February 28, 1896. The church was damaged by earthquake on 1706 and 1927. The tower is also used as observation post by Katipuneros and during the revolution by guerillos during the Japanese occupation. 

Travel Postcards