Paoay Church in Laoag City, Ilocos, Philippines. Paoay Parish was foundedby Augustinian Missionaries in 1593. The cornerstone of church was laid on 1704 the the convent on 1707. The Paoay was used before completion and kept in repair by the people under the joint auspices of the church and the town officials. The inauguration of Paoay Church was on February 28, 1896. The church was damaged by earthquake on 1706 and 1927. The tower is also used as observation post by Katipuneros and during the revolution by guerillos during the Japanese occupation.